[Loadstone] OSM to Loadstone Converter

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 4 01:37:47 GMT 2011

Dear list,

I am a new loadstone user and I have been trying to work through the
documentation. I must confess that I have found this very challenging  and
not at all easy. For example the documentation starts by telling you to go
to Multimaps to get longitude and latitude results for an address. I have
spent over an hour tonight doing precisely this but despite Multimaps giving
lots of accurate address information I was, at the end,  no nearer getting
any latitude or longitude results from Multimaps despite repeated and
careful reading of web pages and scrutinising each web page with both the PC
and the Jaws cursor.

I then tried a different approach and put an address in the Geocoder tools
application.
This not only provided me with latitude and longitude results but also
provided the option for a  database of my  local area which seems ideal.
I have run the OSM to Loadstone Converter which has created a text file
which I have copied across to my phone.
On the phone though I cannot see how to import this file so that Loadstone
can use it as a database. I have followed the database option  but I have
again hit a brick wall as there seems no way of pointing the loadstone
application to the text file created by the OSM to Loadstone Converter.

I could not find any helpful advice on this point on the Tools page itself
so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

David Griffith.

database 5757 (20110103) __________

http://www.eset.com