[Loadstone] Loadstone And OVI Maps

Kit goldeneagle74 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:06:29 GMT 2011

Hi Jacob,

I tried on OVI maps 3.03 with Mobile Speak 4.6.  With MS, all menus could be spoken out.  Also, you just go into My Position and remain there.  Places with no name, coordinates will be announced and once drop to a place with road name or just any name, MS will speak it out.

I only noticed that at times the updating could go a bit hay wire after quite a long time and it will not auto speak.  So, just quit from My position to Main Menu and enter into My Position again and it works like a charm.  Could be also cause I am using Internal GPS, not sure.

If you using Talks, you need to go into My Position, wait for 2 or 3 seconds, then press select and select View/Show Details.  Then you can use navigation key to read info on points where you are but this is very troublesome cause you have to go in and out as long as you want to check current a point details.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the New Talks 5.2 which they claim will support MS.

All the best.