[Loadstone] Still about checkpoints

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Sep 14 14:53:27 BST 2010

The checkpoints in your checkpoint file are automatically announced if you
approach the checkpoint within the approach distance as set in /general.
Think of approach distance as a virtual circle around the location of the
checkpoint. If you miss this circle the checkpoint is not announced. By
increasing the approach distance setting you can enlarge the circle so the
miss chance gets smaller, but also more checkpoints are announced. You have
to experiment with the ideal setting (mine is set to 15 meters). You can
always 'look around' with the joystick.