[Loadstone] Announcing points

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Sep 14 03:09:22 BST 2010

Auto announce is not needed for checkpoints to be announced. All auto
announce does is announce the next checkpoint at intervals depending on how
close you are to the point. Without this turned on you still get approaching
and arriving announcements. As a rule auto announce is probably almost never
needed.
Use checkpoints only will have no effect on automatic announcements, all
this does is limit point searches to your checkpoints excluding any loaded
databases. Again, this isn't normally needed unless you are only interested
in your checkpoints and nothing else.