[Loadstone] Moving Lodestone from Phone to mass storage.

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 8 13:17:07 BST 2010

I eventually realised that there are two application manager applications on
the N86.
Unhelpfully the Nokia help page  I found on the web directed me to the wrong
one, causing a lot of confusion and waste of time..

The web page said applications could be removed but directed me to the
application Manager in Menu folder Tools  Settings Application manager.
However this utility does not show any installed applications but simply
manages the protocols by which software is installed, that is whether to
only installed signed software or whether the phone should checked for
certificates online etc.
As there is no reference here to actual installed applications this
accounted for my confusion and the belief that talks was failing to read out
something..
The application I  was looking for was not actually in Tools but was
eventually found in
Menu folder Applications App manager.

Here everything was straightforward. Not good web support from Nokia though.

Regards

David Griffith