[Loadstone] Changing the default database

Farfar Carlson dgcarlson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 28 23:18:25 BST 2010

Hello Julie,

Many thanks for the details, but I think I'm still not getting an answer to
my question, so I'll rephrase it.

1. I have a default that loads when I turn on Lodestone. It is my home area
in San Jose.
2. When I traveled to Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago I first created a
Tahoe/Reno database file (imported it) and it's available as one of the
databases I can load.
3. When I arrive in Lake Tahoe I launched Lodestone and of course it could
not find any points nearby since San Jose was still loaded as the default.
4. I then go to the database folder and load Tahoe/Reno.
5. Then I can navigate.
6. I turn off (shut down) Lodestone.
7. Later in the day I launch Lodestone again.
8. The default loaded again so I have to repeat the process of loading
Tahoe/Reno to start navigating again.

What I need to know is: How do I load Tahoe/Reno and then save it as the new
default database, so that when I launch Lodestone Tahoe/Reno will be the
default?

I'm not sure this question has been answered.

Again I know I can use a file manager to do the following:
1. Delete default.
2. Copy Tahoe/Reno to some other filename.
3. Rename "Other" to "default".
4. Close file manager.
5. Launch Lodestone.

Dave