[Loadstone] getting maps

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Oct 12 07:49:30 BST 2010

I'd like a tool like this as well, Since all of loadstone's file formats are
open feel free to write it. You'll need a database of zipcode/coordinates
(for all countries). You'll need to be able to communicate with the phone
either by usb cable or bluetooth. If you want grout's functionality (using
it to download waypoints violates google's terms of service by the way) then
you'll have to host that on a server somewhere. Having this program work
under linux and windows would also be a real plus.
I look forward to seeing if anyone can come up with this. Since the
loadstone project only has one programmer (me) working on things other
people are going to have to step up if they want a better user experience.