[Loadstone] getting maps

Josh Kennedy jkenn337 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:53:49 BST 2010

  Hi

One of my major gripes with loadstone is how complex it is to get maps.
I can certainly do it but it takes time and there are many steps. see my
blog http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net for the steps. Why can't this
process be simplified greatly?
Why not have a tool where you plug your phone into the computer, you
enter your zipcode and tel it how wide an area you want, pick your
source from a combo-box such as open streetmap hit the get map button.
the program downloads the .osm file for you, converts it into a text
database and then turns it into a loadstone binary database and then the
program puts it into your phone for you. and the same program goes and
fetches routes from groute and points of interest from groute and puts
them in your phone for you. for a loadstone newbie getting maps and
routes from groute can be a ver daunting task.

By the way is groute still up? what is the website for it? do I need a
username and password, if so who do I contact? and please please make a
tool to greatly simplify the installation of maps and routes into the
phone.

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com