[Loadstone] have finally gotten to download some osm stuff but have questions/critisisms

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Mon May 31 10:19:20 BST 2010

If you want Loadstone to produce comprehensive results the points in your
database should be seperated by at least the inaccuracy distance of an
average GPS receiver. OSM maintains a database for rendering a visual map
and does not follow this principle. The OSM converter removes close points
with the same name to correct this, so instead of 4 MacDonalds (at the four
corners) you only get one MacDonalds.