[Loadstone] 0.73 went beta

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 25 15:24:55 BST 2010

[quoted lines by monty at loadstone-gps.com on 2010/05/25 at 13:59 +0100]

>We will be releaseing V0.74 soon which will address the Mobile Speak
>problems.

Thank you. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be glad to help with any Mobile Speak
related testing (or any other testing, for that matter). Feel free to ask any
time.

>So, if anyone has any comments on V0.73 now is the time to share them!

My only issue is with the order of the keys in the key editor. When I bring up
the key editor, it starts out with the undefined keys, and then continues on
into the defined keys. Also, the undefined keys are in reverse order while the
defined keys are in ascending order. So, for example, this is the order of the
keys that I get - starting with the key shown when I start up the key editor
and continuing as I scroll down:

   7, shift 7, 6, shift 6, long 6, long 1,
   hash, shift hash, long hash, shift long hash,
   asterisk, shift asterisk, long asterisk, shift long asterisk,

As you can see, the first line (which shows the keys I haven't yet defined) is
out of place and out of order. I, personally, find this rather unintuitive. My
opinion is that it'd be better for the undefined keys to be in order and mixed
in with the rest so that they're easy to find and so that the full key layout
is easier to figure out.