[Loadstone] Query on connecting with internal gps receiver onnokia n79

Kit goldeneagle74 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 18:32:37 BST 2010

Hi there,

1.  Under Loadstone Setting, GPS setting, make sure you have selected source
to Phone.

2.  Under phone tools / setting / general / positioning / positioning
method, make sure Assisted and Integrated GPS is checked and others
unchecked.

3.  For this step, only do it if you are not using a unlimited package on
your phone provider.  Under Tools / setting / general / positioning /
positioning server, for positioning server use, change it to "Always Ask".
If you using unlimited package, leave it as automatically.

4.  Since you have not connected before, to make the connecting easier for
the first time, under loadstone, go to Option, GPS / then Find GPS.  If the
option Find GPS is not in the list, select Disconnect GPS first.  Perform
the same step again, then in Find GPS, select Assisted GPS.  You will
receive a warning that you trying to connect and charges will incur, just
select Yes.  Data transfer will be about 7 to 10kbs.  So check how much will
this cost from your mobile provider.

5.  Make sure you are outdoor when trying step 4.  Once you get connected,
again go under Option, GPS and select disconnect.  After disconnecting,
again go to the GPS menu, then select Find GPS and for this time, select
Integrated GPS.  Even if before this you fail to connect using Integrated
GPS, since you have performed Step 4, using Assisted GPS, you should be able
to connect with no problem now.  If you find signal ok, then again under the
GPS menu, select "Save as default GPS".  Every time you run Loadstone, it
will try to use Integrated GPS to connect automatically.

 6.  If you have tried step 4 and still cannot connect for many minutes, the
internal system have gone hay wire, mixed up.  Off your phone, remove
battery and SIM card, leave it for few minutes and then put everything back.
This time, Step 4, using Assisted GPS will sure work.  At times, you might
need to perform step 6 especially if you have installed new programs which
is using the WIFI or Internet Access.

7.  If after connecting and getting signal and out of sudden, it says
connection error, make sure you off blue tooth if it's on.  This conflict is
not on all sets, but it could happen.  Make sure blue tooth is off and
restart phone.

   8.  I noticed as well that it's good just to let your GPS get connected
every morning, maybe just journey to work.  The more frequent you use it,
the easier and faster it will connect even by just using Integrated GPS.  I
could get connected in the rage of 1 to 3 minutes.

9.  If using Integrated GPS connects well with no problem at all, repeat
Step 3, go to positioning method but this time, disabled Assisted GPS.  This
will avoid you being accidentally charge when you in GPS applications with
no option to select or choose between Assisted or Integrated GPS.

All the best!

Regards,
KITT!