[Loadstone] settings bug in loadstone new version 0.73

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat May 15 13:41:36 BST 2010

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2010/05/15 at 01:05 -0700]

>This is most likely a mobile speak bug. Try upgrading to the latest
>version of mobile speak and see if that fixes the problem.

Yes, ultimately, it's an MS deficiency. The latest version of MS does have the
problem too, and I shall be reporting it. That being said, it can go both ways.
The s60bible application, for example, works with MS but not with Talks. I
guess there are many kinds of dialogues, each with its own particular set of
unpredictable set of properties, and each screen reader supports only a subset
of them.

Can you think about anything that's been done differently with respect to the
dialogues that are used for the Configuration->Settings screens? If so, might
it be possible to do them in a more standard way? While I'm sure MS will fix
the problem, I'm equally sure that they won't be able to do so instantaneously.
That being the case, I, like perhaps many others, will be forced to downgrade
Loadstone back to 0.72 for the time being. That's something I, and most likely
they, don't want to have to do.