[Loadstone] What is dop?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri May 14 15:28:57 BST 2010

You'd want the display in distance as the dop is not easily understandable
by the average human. This measurement is by no means definitive and is an
estimate only.

Take the accuracy readings with a grain of salt, whilst loadstone is
accurate enough if you use your own manuallly marked points with a good fix
and a good reciever, other factors may end you up a few meters in any
direction from your point of interest.

If you take points from other sources there is no garantee how accurate
these points are; or where they were marked.
I have also noticed a 10 meter shift between 2 of my receivers, the Royaltek
2010 and the Royaltek 2110, this is repeatable and means older points I made
with the Globalsat 338 and the royaltek 2010 are slightly out compared to
newer receivers.
No idea which reciever is more accurate; as I expect this error however I
compensate for it.

Regards, Kerry.