[Loadstone] Looking for guidence to learn and evaluate Loadstone

Dale Leavens dleavens at puc.net
Sun May 9 18:08:21 BST 2010

Hello Jeff,

I am in Cochrane Ontario, north-eastern part of the province.Mostly I don't
need a lot of GPS getting around here except for finding a particular
intersection in the winter in the snow or locating a street address I might
be unfamiliar with.

Now that I am just retired though I intend to do a little more traveling. It
is a 12 hour ride on the bus to Toronto and it might be nice to be able to
follow along or discover about where I am when I wake in the middle of the
night along the way. We just got back from a visit to Lufkin Texas, would be
useful there, spent a few days at the Artesian Lakes resort near Cleveland,
don't know what might have been in the databases for that but being able to
mark our cabin, the reception lodge and the restaurant and the swimming
grotto would have been very useful.

So far, last night I downloaded Loadstone and to my surprise made the
Bluetooth connection to my phone and loaded the application onto it. I also
was able to connect my GPS receiver and it works fine. Now I have to figure
out what to do to get local data onto the phone so I can begin exploring the
application in more detail.

If I was Han Solo I'd probably pet my wookie