[Loadstone] Looking for guidence to learn and evaluate Loadstone

Sean Randall seanr at randylaptop.com
Sun May 9 17:58:20 BST 2010

Dale,

I use it mainly for trains here in the UK.  I obtained a database of
stations and their coordinates from the national rail company; the same one
I'd use to book tickets online and check prices.  The format of the database
required a little work, but I was able to convert it into a format suitable
for loadstone.

Because there are over 2,400, I use Loadstone's checkpoint feature to "mark"
each station on a given journey, which cuts away the announcements of all
the other stations in the database to just those I want.

There is no such online listing for UK bus stops, and I would think they
should be done by region rather than nationally, but it's not too much work
to do them if they're travelled regularly.

Sean.