[Loadstone] Looking for guidence to learn and evaluate Loadstone

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sun May 9 16:19:58 BST 2010

Hi Dale,

You are correct.  While you can enter points manually into Loadstone the
procedure for filling it up with a collection of points to populate a
database is to download on to your PC, copy to your phone and import the
text file containing your points  into Loadstone which will then create a
binary database it will use when querying locations etc.

The official points reposatory is housed on the Point Share Exchange (read
about this and much more in the Loadstone documentation)  which is where
we would recommend you go first.  Once you get the hang of things there
are tools and other Point reposatories  that will make your loadstone
database even richer.

The documentation really is the best place to start though.

Monty