[Loadstone] Loadstone in area with tall buildings?

Jared Stofflett stofflet at gmail.com
Mon May 3 12:20:03 BST 2010

I'm trying to use Loadstone in an area with several buildings that are
at least 10 stories tall. Some of these buildings also have overhangs
that I have to walk under. Loadstone tells me I'm accurate to with in
about 12 to 15 meters, but when plotting points Loadstone doesn't seem
to be more accurate then about 30 meters when announcing distance to a
point. All my prior GPS experience has been in areas with more open
space and shorter buildings. I'm using the Holux M-1000 GPS receaver,
is there a setting in loadstone I can change to give better
performance in built up areas, or is there an alternative GPS unit
that will give better performance?
Thanks