[Loadstone] Differences between direct and export downloads from OpenStreetMap

Elliott Barnes elliottabarnes at googlemail.com
Sat May 1 10:42:18 BST 2010

Hi all,
I'm just using the Geocoder to download points around my area using
the Loadstone Geocoder. I've entered my address, and now have an
option of either getting a direct download or using the Export option
on the openstreetmap.org website. The geocoder states that choosing
this option will only let you download points with a fixed size.
So I'm wondering, what's the advantage of using this method when you
can manually enter a fixed size when using the direct download option?
Thanks.

--
Elliott.

Contact info:

Skype:
bigboy11111
MSN/Windows Live:
elliottabarnes at hotmail.co.uk
Website:
http://www.elliottbarnes.net/
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/elliott94
Blog:
http://www.elliottsblog.info/
Last.fm profile page:
http://www.last.fm/user/elliottbarnes
Facebook:
http://facebook.com/elliott94
Mobile number:
+447526601203

Tune into ROFL Radio - your portal to the latest music.
http://www.elliottbarnes.net:9100