[Loadstone] Importing database problem as it happens to me

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Sat May 1 08:49:08 BST 2010

Then I'd say either the files you're getting from geonames are somehow not
right or there's an error in the converter tool. Are you selecting the
propper format when using the poi converter? Maybe someone that uses this
can shed some light on this?

On Sat, 1 May 2010, Milos Przic wrote:

>  Hi Shawn, it doesn't work. When I do it with the offline tools, I get this:
> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> E:\loadstone\htdocs\tools\poiconv\index.php on line 238
> and with the online tools I don't get the error, but get this:
> Radius: unrestricted.
> Number of POI's: 0.
> Number of UTF-8 corrections: 0.
> And when I do the deleting and the stuff I escribed in my previous message I
> get the number of pois etc.
>  So please help me somehow, I don't know what to do anymore, and I need this
> function!
>  Thanks,
>
>         Milos Przic
> msn: milos.przic at gmail.com
> skype: Milosh-hs
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shawn Kirkpatrick"
> <shawn at loadstone-gps.com>

>>> deleted.
>>> 6. Then I save the changes to the file.
>>> 7. Then I open the loadston poi converter.
>>> 8. I input my email address, I select the file and choose the geonames to
>>> ldb among the formats in the combo box, and click "submit".
>>> 9. I get the exact number of the converted points (more then 0, without
>>> any error), and click the download file link.
>>> 10. I move the resulting ldb file in the inportexport folder in my phone.
>>> 11. I make a new database in order not to manage the default database.