[Loadstone] Question about importing databases

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Sat May 1 07:57:06 BST 2010

No, this isn't how things work. Load database will load an existing binary
loadstone database in to memory or let you create it if it doesn't exist.
Add database will let you load an existing binary loadstone database in to
memory along with any other databases already loaded. Import database will
import a text database file in to an already loaded binary database.
Label point lets you label your current gps position. Enter point lets you
enter all information about a point including its coordinates manually.

On Sat, 1 May 2010, Elliott Barnes wrote:

> Hi Shawn,
> So in a nutshell, if I switch phones and would like to add my existing
> database, then the "add database" option would do this. However, if
> I'd just like to load the database temperarily into memory, then the
> "load database" is what I need. Is this correct?
> Again, I'm sorry for all my questions; I hope you're not getting
> annoyed or anything. When I've sorted out this business of what these
> options do, I pretty much understand everything apart from the
> difference between add/label point, could you elaberate the
> differences between these options as well?
> Thanks a lot.
>
> On 30/04/2010, Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at loadstone-gps.com> wrote:
>> If the database is a file that notepad can open then it's probably a text
>> database. You'll need to import this with the import option before it can be
>> used. These text files live in the importexport directory. Binary databases
>> live in the databases directory.
>> The people with these questions are instructed to read the loadstone
>> documentation, it explains importing, loading, and adding. Since this topic
>> hasn't come up before it must explain it well enough.
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Ömer Yesiltas wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I select the add option in the database sub menu. The database file is
>>> file which seems actually a Notepad file without extension. Notepad can
>>> open
>>> the file.
>>> websitemiz
>>> www.cepdenizi.net
>>> açilmistir. cep telefonlariyla ilgili genis içerige sahip olan sitemize