[Loadstone] Where am I?

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Mar 28 15:02:52 BST 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Sean Randall wrote:

> would involve making Loadstone use a data connection.  I'm almost tempted to
> try and hack something up in Python for s60, but I don't know if you can get
> at the Internal GPS functions of a phone via that route.

We always welcome people working on Loadstone code and contributing
patches though this has rarely happened.  If you do plan on hacking some
code, it's coded in C++ (using the Symbian Series60 dev libs and API).
It's not a pleasant coding experience but it beats Python into the ground.
Whoever got people interested in coding in Python should really be shot or
at the very least given a stern talking too!  It's unbelievably
inefficient.  OK, that's a rant for a different list on a different day!
:)

> I'm sorry if it's been requested before, I really should have looked at the
> list archives.  I just saw how quick it was to use on the PC (enter
> coordinates, get a placename).  Loadstone can already do the first half of
> that!

The archives would have indeed given you an answer to your question.
Stay-tuned for the next release!

Monty