[Loadstone] google transit data for Perth

Sean Randall seanr at randylaptop.com
Sun Mar 28 13:47:18 BST 2010

Kerry,

I have only used Loadstone for the train journeys, not for walking anywhere
else, so haven't worked out methods for dealing with both.

However, even with over 2000 stations in my database, I was quickly able to
checkpoint the ones along my route and have only those in my view, as it
were.

I was wondering, if I also began using Loadstone for local walking routes,
if it mightn't be better to have the railway info in a separate  database I
could import as and when I needed it. This may mean that at the start of a
day's travel I have to import that data, but it would also mean I didn't
have to go checkpointing local landmarks whenever I was out for a hike.

This sort of modular approach would work quite well for me, I think.  I
could happily keep a variety of databases on my card.  If I didn't, I'd soon
have stations, bus stops, big trees, hard-to-recognise road turnings and all
sorts of random junk scattered throughout my database, wouldn't I?  Or am I
missing something?

Sean.