[Loadstone] google transit data for Perth

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Mar 28 13:26:51 BST 2010

I provide the following in the hopes that potentially some of this data
might make it into pointshare.
I'm no programmer however the .csv looks usable for something.
I'm dreaming about something that could give me checkpoints along a bus
route but even a pile of bus stops would be nice.
A pipe dream perhaps however this data is maintained by transperth and
should be accurate. I can certainly test some of it if required around bus
stop 15781
----- the below cut from another message

Linda reminded me to mention the Transperth data feed that makes Google
Transit work. The page you want is:

   http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/TimetablesMaps/SpatialDataAccess/tabid/254/Default.aspx

Which as well as linking to Google's page containing the Transit Feed
Specification (which may give your screen reader a bit of a workout), it
links to the data file itself:

   http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/TimetablePDFs/GoogleTransit/google_transit.zip

This zip file contains text files which upon closer examination are
actually emminently parsable CSV. I expect stops.txt will be most useful to
you. For example it can tell you that stop 15682 is called "Lord Street
After Harper Street", and is located at -31.883,115.956 (albeit with
another ten digits of precision).

Hope This helps!
----- end snip

Regards, Kerry.