[Loadstone] [Bulk] London underground

pete gurney pete at gurneyfamily.org.uk
Thu Mar 25 20:19:01 GMT 2010

HELLO ALL,

WHAT IS VERY MISLEADING HERE IS THAT IT IS CALLED LONDON UNDERGROUND
SYSTEM.
MORE THAN HALF OF IT IS ACTUALLY ABOVE GROUND SO IT'S JUST LIKE TRAVELING
ON A NORMAL TRAIN AS TO REGARDS THE OBSTICLES THE GPS WILL ENCOUNTER.
THE REST OF IT IS TO DEEP UNDERGROUND TO RECEIVE A SIGNAL.
FOR EXAMPLE I USED TO TRAVEL FROM WIMBLEDON TO ACTON TOWN EVERY WEEK DAY
FOR WORK AND THIS INVOLVED TWO TUBE TRAINS ON TWO DIFFERENT LINES AND TOOK
40 TO 45 MINUTES BUT LESS THAN 5 MINUTES OF THIS JOURNEY WAS ACTUALLY
UNDERGROUND.

PETE.

No GPS will not work underground being satellite signals are line of site.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
Skype: dr-phone.