[Loadstone] London underground

Sean Randall seanr at randylaptop.com
Thu Mar 25 18:55:34 GMT 2010

Hi again,

I have located a list of London underground stations and their coordinates
and, from these, have created a loadstone database.  I have absolutely no
way of testing this at all, living nowhere near London.

It is also worth pointing out that, should you have my UK train stations in
your database, some of the names duplicate (Brixton is just one example).  I
therefore advise either loading separate databases, or adding some text to
your less-announced set.  For instance, I use trains more than the
underground, so might choose to amend the name of each of those points with
"tube" to differentiate them.  I would add the text to the underground and
not the railway because I use the railway more, and so there's less to
listen to.

Naturally, the databases are at your disposal - pick and choose a mix of
points for your own uses.  I'll have more of an idea of how accurate at
least some of the railway points are by the weekend.

You can get the underground database  from
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1436494/london_underground.ldb and the UK train
stations from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1436494/UK_train_stations.ldb
I hope some of it is useful to someone,
Sean.