[Loadstone] new loadstone gps?

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Mar 9 18:45:05 GMT 2010

Hi Igor,

While it is true that Symbian is now Open-Source, publisher certificates
are still required to publish Symbian software and must be purchased.
Development certificates are still free.

Think of it this way.  Your phone  contains firmware from Nokia and often
customised  by your mobile provider.  This firmware is in part made up of
binaries from the Symbian O/S.  The fact Symbian  is Open-Source has
nothing to do with the firmware on your phone.

Monty