[Loadstone] new loadstone gps?

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Mar 9 09:52:53 GMT 2010

Hi All,

Let me clear up some misconceptions relating to the next release of
Loadstone GPS and the status of the project.

1.  We do not have a new version of Loadstone GPS ready for public
consumption.  It needs to go through further testing before it can be
released to the general population.

2.  It will be released - it's definitely not a question of "if".

3.  It will be released as soon as we get a new publisher ID.  Publisher
ID's are used to compile publically  available .sis files used to install
Symbian applications.  They are valid for one year and need to be
purchased by a company/charidy.  Last year the RNIB sponsered our
Publisher ID and they have offered in principle to do the same this year.
At this point it's a matter of hearing back from them when the purchase
has gone through.

4.  The Loadstone GPS project is *NOT DEAD* and has the status it always
has had  and will continue to be a viable project with a vibrant user
community.

5.  As has been previously mentioned (a number of times), we will let
users know when the next release is available both on this list and via
the website.  It's not as if we plan on doing it in secret!

Appologies for any misleading comments made earlier.

Monty