[Loadstone] new member

Jacob Kruger jacobk at mailzone.co.za
Fri Jul 16 22:18:35 BST 2010

I just create checkpoint lists of sets of points on what I use as routes, where I just want it to notify me when I reach a specific location, so while I suppose I could add directional info in, like left, right etc., and then maybe just duplicate the points into separate databases for different directions, I generally just use it notifying me as I reach a point to then know where to head next, and it will try to direct me using clock face terms, as in 12 o'clock is direct ahead, 11 o'clock would mean I should head slightly left, 9 o'clock would mean you should turn left, etc.  It also tells you the basic distance to the point it's mentioning, and FWIW, while you can have lots of points in your database, you can then organise them into forms of routes/sets, by grouping specific sets of points into checkpoint sets/lists, to then be used in specific combination with each other as such.

Just my 2c worth

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA