[Loadstone] new member

Farfar Carlson dgcarlson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 16 19:22:39 BST 2010

Linda,

Well, I for one use it when I ask the question: "Where in heck am I?" I whip out the phone, load it up, and in a minute I know the nearest intersection. Then I can go into exploration mode and literally "walk" on the phone, in any of 8 directions to hear what else is around me. Or I can search the area using another function and hear all these nearest intersections. Then I can usually figure out where I am, or talk to my dog Toto, if I'm not in Kansas, any more.

It's not quite the same as having a Magellan in your car, where you enter a starting and ending point and allow it to calculate a route, and then tells you where to turn. I've not ever heard of any turn-by-turn capability in Loadstone.

Dave