[Loadstone] new member

Farfar Carlson dgcarlson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 16 18:54:55 BST 2010

Linda,

The way it works is this:

First you download map data for a reasonably large radius from your center point, usually your home.

This map, when loaded into Loadstone contains a description of all street intersections in that radius, spoken as "First Street and Monroe Lane 27 yards to the NorthNorthEast". The direction can be changed to your preference.

So as you walk you can interrogate and hear what intersection is closest to you and approximately how far it is from you, and in what direction.

There is not a route planner in Loadstone, but I believe that a route planner is available on the web that others have used.

Loadstone has a breadcrumb generator feature that I think (haven't used it myself)  will create a route as you travel along from one intersection to another. That may ultimately be your "route".

Let's see what others have to say on this.

Dave