[Loadstone] Using Loadstone

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Jul 16 07:14:23 BST 2010

This is covered in the docs, however when you are stationary gps heading
drifts and the positions float around.
You can get around this by playing with the static threshold settings in
loadstone so that your heading freezes when your speed drops below say 2
Miles per hour.
As GPS receivers emit NMEA sentences once a second by default, it is
possible for loadstone to see a heading change at the end of each second.
Internal GPS  in phones is SiRF3 I believe and unless you use assisted
gps it is extremely prone to jitter and drift.
I believe there is a paper on the loadstone site comparing various gps
units.
Regards, Kerry.