[Loadstone] some basic questions

Sean Randall seanr at randylaptop.com
Fri Jul 2 11:46:39 BST 2010

Padmanabham,

I regularly use Loadstone, mostly when using public transport.

1. what is loadstone?
A tool that can use a GPS to pinpoint your location, and provide information
on the distance and direction of other locations in your database. That's a
very basic definition and Loadstone is very powerful.

2. what it is used for?
It is very accessible to the blind: I personally use it to alert me to
approaching bus stops, train stations and landmarks of interest whilst
walking.
3. does internet connection required for accessing loadstone?
No. A connection is needed to download it, either on computer or phone, and
you can also use an internet connection to add ready-marked locations,
called points, made by other users from the Loadstone site. Loadstone does
have online features now, but a connection is not required for day-to-day
use.

4which mobile supports with it?
Any Symbian s60 mobile, 2nd or 3rd edition phones are most widespread. There
is a list of many supported phones on loadstone's download page.

5. how to get this softwhere?
Visit the website at http://www.loadstone-gps.com - the download works from
a computer or phone's internet browser.

I hope these brief answers are useful.

Sean.

I Padmanabham Muppa joined the list just now.  I request that My following
questions may kindly be clarified
1. what is loadstone?
2. what it is used for?
3. does internet connection required for accessing loadstone?
4which mobile supports with it?
5. how to get this softwhere?
Thanks in anticipation
                Padmanabham Muppa.