[Loadstone] Hiking the Appalachian Trail

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Wed Jan 20 16:14:51 GMT 2010

Dear Fellow Loadstone GPS Users:

January 15, 2010 was the official decision date for whether my plan to hike
the Appalachian Trail to demonstrate the independence of persons with visual
impairments and the role of adaptive technology in achieving our
independence is a go for this year.  After three years of work and some
frustrating delays, it is a go.  Award-winning videographer Gary L. Steffens
of Fresh Images Video Productions will film a documentary of this event.

I would like to thank the Loadstone GPS team and members of this list for
their support and answering my many and probably sometimes uninformed
questions.  I would also like to thank the Loadstone GPS team for their
willingness to be listed as a sponsor.  Please visit
www.hansonatcampaign.com or www.blindhiker.com (accessible to persons with
visual impairments) to watch a short video and for more information.  You
will be able to follow the hike on Face Book.  Search for the Hanson
Appalachian Trail Campaign.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to publicize Loadstone GPS
during this hike.  I would not be doing it without this very good, free open
source program.

Sincerely,

Mike Hanson