[Loadstone] Duplicate records, Is this an error?

Kit goldeneagle74 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 02:18:53 GMT 2010

Hi to all users,
After using my database for a while, I found many duplicate points.  I
cannot understand how the updating works.  I will try my very best to
explain and if possible, can someone please tell me whether is this the way
Loadstone works or is this an error.

I have been given a .txt file with quite a lot of points in it by a friend.
I noticed the duplicate points (based on coordinates) when I updated the
name of the point personally.  See the example below. I added the  words
"Bus Stop" through loadstone and then select option and then followed by
update.

Point by friend:
"pearl point jalan klang lama",30867016,1016737950,1,9,0,4366,1242868730
My modified point:
"pearl point bus stop jalan klang
lama",30867016,1016737950,1,9,0,11189,1266699383

So, with this, it created a new record with info as shown above instead of
updating the existing record.  Is this how it should be? or it should only
update the fields Name, User ID and ID?

"pearl point bus stop jalan klang
lama",30867016,1016737950,1,9,0,11189,1266699383

Pls advice if there is any setting to avoid such duplications in the near
future. I have to comb through my .txt file now to delete any such records.

Is there any tools to delete points with same coordinates?  If yes, what
does it based on? the latest time modified or how?

Please assist.

Thanks,
KITT