[Loadstone] symbian

Hrvoje Katić hrvojekatic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 17:30:33 GMT 2010

Hi,

May be, but I am afraid that writing screen readers for for Symbian is
very difficult job, since there's no any accessibility API for Symbian
as I know, and also another problem is because we have lots of S60
phones, and not all of them function on the same way, which means that
screen reader may work well on one phone, while it may not work well on
another phone. At the end, also the big problem is that we have more
series 60 editions, 1st, 2nd and 3rd, so we should adjust it for all of
them to make program available for all phone users.
Conclusion: such kind of work really costs a lot of money that has to be
spent for buying phones on which we should do testing, and also costs
time for development and testing on individual phones. We cannot compare
writing a screen reader with writing a GPS solution ala Loadstone, since
screen reader is logically far complicated to develope.

Fix me if I'm wrong.