[Loadstone] Inconsistency in Creating/Loading a Database

Farfar Carlson dgcarlson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 22 17:30:59 GMT 2010

I just noticed this, and I think it's not consistent with standard
practices:

When I go to Load Database and select "new database" and give it a name, I
fully expect that once created, that new database is now active.

However according to the user guide it is not. I must next go back to Load
Database and load the newly-created database.

Why not just conform to standard practice and enable the newly-created
database to be the now-active database? In other words, why would I go to
the trouble of creating a new database if I wasn't going to be putting it to
immediate use by importing or adding?

Compare that to creating a new document in Notepad. When I assign a new
filename to a document I would not expect to have to then go to the file
menu and load that document before editing it, would I?

Just a suggestion for the next build.

Dave