[Loadstone] New Member - Question about Nokia N86

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 22 12:11:15 BST 2010

Dear Bardia  and others who have responded

I have a Nokia 6600 with Talks but have had terrible problems getting
connectivity with the PC.
Basic file transfer with Bluetooth is possible but PC suite completely
refuses to recognise the phone.
A computer engineer came around and tried for 2  hours to get PC suite
working with this phone without success.  It was also impossible to
synchronise Looking at Google it appears that there are problems with any
versions of XP above service pack 1 for this phone.

This is one of the reasons I am looking for an upgrade.
I am attracted by the principles of the Lodestone project and would like to
join in if I can.
The reason I mentioned Nokia Maps was because I thought I saw a tool
described on  the Lodestone web site  which could convert the information
there into a format useful for Lodestone.

Thanks to all who have given advice.
Based on the feedback I guess I will try the internal GPS first to see how I
go.

Regards

David Griffith