[Loadstone] automatic recognizing of Checkpoint file problem

Lex lex at progger.ru
Sat Aug 14 12:24:16 BST 2010

  Hi,

13.08.2010 15:32, monty at loadstone-gps.com пишет:
> The first line in your Loadstone check points file (lscp) should be
>
> #!lscp
>
> (as Rob stated)
Indeed it is so. I write "#!lscp\n" at start. I attach an example file
that is generated by my tool for you to look. One difference I found
with that generated by offline-tools is that I am using unix line
endings. Can it be an issue?
> We always try and follow Symbian standards wherever possible (they
> tend to be quite confusing or non-existent) but if you know of some
> Symbian standards that we aren't following (but should be) please do
> share them!

I think that was misunderstanding. Rob statet that mime type must be
#!lscp, where as I wrote that I set the http mimetype header to
"application/loadstone.checkpoints" according to the file_formats:
file_header mime_type description
#!lsdb application/loadstone.database (text representation of loadstone
databases)
#!lscp application/loadstone.checkpoints (loadstone checkpoints file)
He said that mimetype must be #!lscp, and I noted that it is pretty
non-standart because mime types are in form of "text/plain" or
"application/gzip-encoded" and so on. Well, mimetype and file
header/signature are different things.
> Also, I have not experienced the problem you describe of a second
> instance of Loadstone being launched by the recognizer.  Normally,
> clicking on a link will display the file on screen in the browser, you
> then need to close the browser and Loadstone picks up the downloaded
> file from a recognizer trigger.  A far from perfect or eligant method
> but once again we are limited to the S60 browser and recognizer etc!
I will be happy if my phone will behave in that way, but it doesn't for
now :-(

Lex