[Loadstone] Problem with Holux M1000 C

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Tue Aug 3 15:25:35 BST 2010

Hi

You can check  if your receiver send s correct time data with following
way:

-  Start loadstone and connect with the receiver as usual.

- Wait unti you get a satellite fix.

- Start nmea logging, log for few seconds.

- close the log and Loadstone

Look the log file, for example downloading it into your computer or with
some file viewer in the phone.  Look for lines that begin with '$GPGGA'.
  Just after the keyword there should be  the UTC time on HHMMSS format.

You can also look for '$GPRMC' lines. Here again the second field it the
utc time and eigth filed is the date in DDMMYY  format.

For more info  about these senteences have a look at
http://home.mira.net/~gnb/gps/nmea.html

HTH

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS