[Loadstone] Python tools for loadstone v 0.5 released

Lex lex at progger.ru
Tue Apr 27 16:34:14 BST 2010

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce version 0.5 of my set of tools for the
loadstone-GPS. It includes the fastest and rich-featured OpenStreetMap
converter, database reprocessor , which is able to report errors not
only on 'point' table but on your whole database, and [new] a tool to
search, download and convert locations from the wikimapia project.
loadstone-tools is hosted on google code:
http://loadstonetools.googlecode.com
Here you can optain the software itself and look for sources.
Download new version (direct link):
http://loadstonetools.googlecode.com/files/LoadstoneTools-2010-04-27-1.exe

What's new?
Version 0.5 includes a program which can search by keywords locations on
the wikimapia.org project and print you location names together with
their bounding boxes, as well as download the data from specified
bounding box and save it to loadstone database.
Note, that You can specify prefered language you want to receive your
points in.
Also, now you can specify a delimiter string for intersections in the
updated open street map converter. For backward compatibility it is set
to ' X ' by default, but loadstone team recommends to use "@" sign for
intersections; new version of loadstone will translate this "@" to
appropriate label for you language. To change intersection delimiter
from the default " X " to "@", add  "-d @" option to command line
(without quotes).

Please, report any issues you find and/or ask questions here in the
list, or contact me privately if you prefer.

Lex