[Loadstone] New resource for point sharing?

Lex lex at progger.ru
Tue Apr 27 12:03:37 BST 2010

Hi Pranav,

27.04.2010 12:09, Pranav Lal пишет:
> I would be interested. What I want is to specify a city or a list of cities and download all the points asociated with those cities and load them into loadstone.
Currently, you can specify search keywords and my tool will give you all
locations together with their bounding boxes found on wikimapia then you
can specify a bounding box and download all data inside it to the
loadstone database file. However, i noticed, that the bigger bounding
box you specify the smaller result you receive from wikimapia! So, for
example, when i specify bounding box of my city, i receive about 1500
points. but when i specify my district in the city itself, i receive
about 1000 points, and the number doesn't decrease when I request even
smaller bounding box. All of this means that you probably isn't able to
download whole database for the city, you need go with smaller areas of
your city... Probably, We have to contact wikimapia guys to ask about
their limitations.
> I cannot fiddle around with multiple databases etc so have all my points in one big file and so far, I have not had problems.

I myself prefer to have several dtabases for different kinds of points;
but you can import wikimapia generated database and import the data into
your big one.

> As regards the point share exchange, if it is no longer being maintained, try and get the code. The development team or the archives of this list should give you the author's name and then add your enhancements to it. That way, there is no duplication.

Good point; but PSE is written in PHP language, I don't want to deal
with PHP anymore :-)

Lex