[Loadstone] New resource for point sharing?

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Tue Apr 27 11:10:03 BST 2010

on: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:50:27 -0400

Chip wrote:
>I think it would be great Lex if you could develop a point sharing site.
>it would be especially good if you could convert between the various
>formats (between loadstone and those of the commercial systems), so that
>all blind people could share in all points.

This is the wrong requirement: You should program an application to share points with non-commercial systems, not with commercial ones.
As "commercial" implies, you will have to pay if you use such data.

There is already the OpenStreetMap converter to import points from this non-commercial data source.

We are working on a mobile application to write back POIs to OSM.

Details on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/LoroDux

Regards
Lulu-Ann