[Loadstone] loadstone and mobile speak

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 20:31:37 BST 2010

Hello,
Thanks. I don't have a positioning item under general, but under
connections i do have accesspoints, an internet1, mms, and operator,
the last item is set a new access point.
Thanks.
Dave.

On 4/17/10, Stephen Giggar <sgiggar at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Dave
>
> If it is a AT&T phone! Try Menu, Settings, Configure, Connections,
> Internet/Access, for the access point stuff.
>
> Now for the GPS stuff if anything is still left on the AT&T phone look at
> Menu, Settings, Configure, General, Positioning.
>
> Signed: Stephen Giggar
> Skype: dr-phone.
>
> Hardware eventually fails, software eventually works.
> No amount of bandwidth can fix poor design.

>>> ground. If you hold your phone face up in your hand then your palm will
>>> tend
>>> cover the antenna.
>>>
>>> Each model is different, of course, but I suspect it's reasonably safe to
>>> assume that the internal GPS receiving antenna is toward the back of your
>>> phone
>>> since the front tends to be fully occupied by the keypad, display, etc.
>>> For
>>> the
>>> best results, therefore, what you need to do is hold your phone (or lay
>>> it
>>> on a
>>> table) face down. This way, if it's in your hand then your palm isn't
>>> covering
>>> the antenna, and there's a minimum of obstructions between the antenna
>>> and
>>> the
>>> satellites. With my phone face down in my hand, and only using the
>>> internal

>>> http://FamilyRadio.com/                   | http://Mielke.cc/bible/