[Loadstone] loadstone and mobile speak

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 16 14:11:43 BST 2010

[quoted lines by Miranda on 2010/04/16 at 14:52 +0200]

>I also use both Loadstone and Mobile Speak, on a Nokia E71, and I
>experience the same problem with speech inconsistancy. The speech
>seems to always be one step behind, so I have to press almost every
>button twice to get the right result.
>And this definitely has nothing to do with sleep mode or powersaving
>mode, as it also happens when I perform several Loadstone commands
>shortly after one another.

Okay ... I've done some experimentinh and this is what I think is happening. If
you go to Configure Mobile Speak, in the Speech tab you'll find a setting
called Speech Delay (seconds). I suspect this setting on your phone is too low.
I find that I get the same behaviour you're describing if I set it to either
"default" or "0". If I raise it to "0.05" or higher, however, it behaves
correctly. I think the problem is that Mobile Speak is reacting too quickly on
the newer, faster phones and might benefit from a dynamically calculated
default delay based on phone processor speed. Try raising your Speech Delay
setting to "0.05" or "0.10" to see if that resolves your problem.