[Loadstone] Where am I?

Kit goldeneagle74 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 15:16:55 BST 2010

Thanks Juan, will try it out.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Juan Pablo Bello
  To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 6:43 AM
  Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Where am I?

  I did the following:

  1. Go to the openstreetmap.org website
  2. On the search fields type the name for the place your'e trying to
  find. I had put Bogotá Colombia
  3. There will be links with the places you suggested and depending
  wether you want Bogotá as a suburb or a general map or a details amp
  is on the serach results.
  4. If this doesn't really work then try with the loadstone tools to
  import the data for  you. After you are done downloading the .osm
  files to your computer you can then convert those files using the set
  of loadstone tools available. Then you can import the database into
  your phone which will convert all the entries to the loadstone
  database format. It can take a lot of time to do if its a large map.
  If that bothers you a lot then there is a program called make ldb or
  make loadstone database in its beta stages. I don't recomend this
  program unless your streets do not contain any accented or special
  characters. If this program finds the acute a's, e's ETC like in my
  case, they will be removed and that is rather a pain.