[Loadstone] Where am I?

Juan Pablo Bello ultraleetj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:43:31 BST 2010

I did the following:

1. Go to the openstreetmap.org website
2. On the search fields type the name for the place your'e trying to
find. I had put Bogotá Colombia
3. There will be links with the places you suggested and depending
wether you want Bogotá as a suburb or a general map or a details amp
is on the serach results.
4. If this doesn't really work then try with the loadstone tools to
import the data for  you. After you are done downloading the .osm
files to your computer you can then convert those files using the set
of loadstone tools available. Then you can import the database into
your phone which will convert all the entries to the loadstone
database format. It can take a lot of time to do if its a large map.
If that bothers you a lot then there is a program called make ldb or
make loadstone database in its beta stages. I don't recomend this
program unless your streets do not contain any accented or special
characters. If this program finds the acute a's, e's ETC like in my
case, they will be removed and that is rather a pain.