[Loadstone] London underground

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Fri Apr 2 11:33:02 BST 2010

Hi Sean and all,

I used the underground stations database on Wednesday, and would like to
thank you for making it available. The information in the database is very
accurate. However, GPS signal in underground trains is unfortunately less
than satisfactory. While it took several minutes for Loadstone to acquire
signal during one of my journeys, during the other journey there was no
signal at all throughout. It appears that no navigation software can be used
reliably in underground trains due to signal problems.

I was however wondering whether my experience would have been different had
I had a newer GPS receiver. I currently use Holux M1000. Has anyone tried
using other -- more sensitive -- receivers such as Q-Star in underground
trains?

Geetha