[Loadstone] ID.

Cearbhall O'Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at blbc.ie
Thu Sep 24 18:09:01 BST 2009

Dear Lex,

I use the formula below in an excel spread sheet to compute the iD at the
time of conversion.

=(NOW()-25569)*86400

Remarks from Excel Help:
". Microsoft Excel stores dates as sequential serial numbers so they can be
used in calculations. By default, January 1, 1900 is serial number 1, and
January
1, 2008 is serial number 39448 because it is 39,448 days after January 1,
1900.
. The NOW function changes only when the worksheet is calculated or when a
macro that contains the function is run. It is not updated continuously."

In my formula above, the figure 25569 is the number of days from 1900 to
1970 ( the Unix date that the loadstone program uses) and thus I am
calculating the number of days from 01/01/1970 to the present day. the last
figure, 86400, is the number of seconds in one day.

This formula gives a 10 digit ID number and thus fits in with the Loadstone
requirement for a 10-digit id.

As I use it for batch processing POIs this gives me a reliable ID number
incremented by 1 for each POI.

All the best,

Cearbhall
Meeting the Leadership Challenge