[Loadstone] No 'talking map'.

Grzegorz Zlotowicz grzezlo at wp.pl
Tue Sep 22 20:18:14 BST 2009

Hi, In this suggestion the main advantage is to get the point nearest of
user, and in fact we have in mind the point located near by, not even a
kilometer from the user...
My suggested sollution: make a distance limit in such search, independent of
search radius, and set it at let's say 1 kilometer or less, or let the user
change it somewhere in the settings.
B. Make this search to be timed out, also independently from the global
search point function, and define that it can't take more than for example 3
seconds...
Such sollution would solve also problem where the user presses joystick to
look around, and the program freezes for a longer time - independently the
show area function could be helpful in case when user wants to get
information about really nearest point, no matter how far it is...
So applying such trick would give after 3 seconds a message "no points" in
the example given by Monty.
Greetings, Greg.