[Loadstone] No 'talking map'.

Steve S steve at crustysocks.com
Tue Sep 22 12:44:28 BST 2009

Hi Monty.  I think having points spoken in real time as you go about your
business can be useful when for example, you've got a guide dog in 1 hand, a
bag of shopping or holding a childs hand in the other and you can't always
be pressing your phones keypad.  Like Rob said yesterday, Loadstone isn't a
talking map and that's what I've learned, but surely having a talking map
would be a good option?  Say if you're going into an area you've never been
to before and you have to make your way to various parts of it...having the
full area checked would help in orientation.  I do think creating a route is
great, but sometimes you need to go other places on the spare of the moment
without prior planning.  I know you could spend a few minutes sorting out
where to go and you could keep refering to the phone, but I don't
particularly want to be messing too much with my phone on the
street...especially if it raining or something.

On the whole I think Loadstone is fantastic and I'm not saying havingg all
points is a must, but the more option we have the better I think.  Cheers
Steve.